Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince DVD
Release Date: December 7, 2009 (U.K.)
Release Date: December 8, 2009 (U.S.)
Special Edition Specifications:
- An exclusive look at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. (trt 11:38) - Get an "inside look" at the amazing world of magic and excitement being created at Universal Orlando¨ Resort in Florida.
- J.K. Rowling: A Year In The Life (trt: 49:32) - A fascinating and intimate look into the life of J.K. Rowling over the last year of writing Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
- One-Minute Drills (trt: 6:43) - The cast has :60 seconds to describe their character's personality, history, relationships and other traits before time runs out.
- What's On Your Mind (trt: 6:41) - Hosted by Tom Felton, the cast is put on the spot when asked a series of rapid-fire questions on their likes and dislikes.
- Deathly Hallows sneak peek - While the exact footage to be seen is not known, WB is promising the first footage from the 7th film.
- Deleted Scenes:
- Harry and Hermione walk through Hogwarts hall (26 seconds)
- Harry and Hermione discuss Marauder's Map (1 minute)
- Harry, Ron, and Hermione discuss the Vanishing Cabinet (1 minute, 4 seconds)
- Harry and Dumbledore arrive at cave entrance (38 seconds)
- Harry and Dumbledore leave cave (19 seconds)
- Clouds gather over Hogwarts as Flitwick conducts choir (1 minute, 39 seconds)
- Harry joins Ron, Hermione, and Ginny in the Common Room (40 seconds)
- Harry and Hermione discuss Ron at Astronomy Tower (42 seconds)
- Close Up with the Cast (trt: 28:00) - a variety of different segments hosted by the film's stars. A list of cast and their segments are below:
- Editing with Daniel Radcliffe: Daniel and editor Mark Day have a light-hearted conversation about film editing and how to get the right shot for a scene
- Special Effects with Matthew Lewis, Oliver Phelps and Tom Felton: The guys get a "science lesson" from Special Effects Supervisor John Richardson and technician Matthew Harlow.
- Owl Training with Jessie Cave: Jessie heads outside for training tips with “hootie” and owl trainer Guillaume Grange.
- Stunt Training with Rupert Grint: Rupert shows off his thrill for danger with the stunt department.
- Costume Designs with Evanna Lynch: Evanna shares her jewelry designs with Costume Designer Jany Temime.
- Art with Bonnie Wright: Bonnie and graphic designer Eduardo Lima show off the fun props, products and set designs.
- Behind the Camera with James Phelps: In his debut performance in the assistant director department, James actually becomes a crew member on set.
- Make-Up with Emma Watson: Emma and designer Amanda Knight talk about the biggest challenges on this year’s film.
Links to Buy
Two-Disc Special Edition
Special Edition Blu-Ray/DVD Combo
Two-Disc Special Edition
Limited Death Eater Mask Edition
Special Edition Blu-Ray